Can you match those great tastes you get at a restaurant? I some cases, you can.
"My wife and I went out for dinner the other night and had shrimp tacos and they were excellent," says Chef Brad Scott, head of Scott Community College's Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Center in Bettendorf.
"But nine dollars?"
"I'm going to show you how to make it today for a dollar and a half and they're going to be excellent."
1. Add 2 tbsp of Chef's butter (a 50/50 mix of butter and margarine) to a hot skillet
2. Add 1/4 cup of shrimp pieces per person to the skillet and saute
3. Add 2 tbsp Marmalade
4. Add 2 tbsp cilantro
5. Add 1 tsp of chili powder
6. In separate bowl, mix half an avacado with 3 tbsp of shredded cabbage per person
7. Add 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce (warning: it's very hot)
8. Mix in a half squeeze of lime juice
You know the shrimp are finished when they are white and fluffy.
9. Add the shrimp and sauce mixture to your flour tortillas
10. Top with cabbage mixture
11. Add diced tomato and cheese (optional)
We're going to serve this with a little rice and pico sauce.
"And the best part of this is that it doesn't cost you a lot of green," says Chef Scott.