Blue Grass, Iowa authorities say fire that engulfed a scrap metal processing and recycling business was an accident.
Firefighters were sent to Rich Metals Company at 322 West Mayne just after 9 a.m. Tuesday, February 11, 2014.
Smoke from the fire was visible more than three miles away. A nearby school was evacuated as a precaution.
Blue Grass Police Chief John Jensen said a worker was using a grinder inside when a spark or hot metal landed on a pile of oil-covered metal turnings. That is what started the fire.
No injuries were reported.