A Davenport woman reportedly died after suffering burns during a cooking fire.
A spokesperson from the City of Davenport said that around 9 a.m. on Sunday, February 16, 2014 a 78-year-old woman with severe burns was found in her home on the 1900 block of Wilkes Avenue.
Officials say the woman was taken to an area hospital before being airlifted to Iowa City.
She died from her injuries early Monday morning following an accidental cooking fire, according to the Davenport Fire Marshal.
The home was reportedly not damaged and the incident remains under investigation.