A Burlington home is considered a total loss after fire crews battled the blaze for over four hours.
According to a spokesperson from the City of Burlington around 2:15 p.m. on Thursday, December 26, 2013 a Burlington woman lost her home on Summer Street to a fire that became engulfed in flames.
Officials say fire crews found the “small wood frame house fully involved in fire” and called for aid from additional departments. Crews fought the fire until nearly 7 p.m.
The home is considered a total loss and damage is estimated at $50,000 to the structure and $45,000 for the contents.
Nine Burlington Firefighters reportedly made the initial call, and five off-duty firefighters were called for help. Denmark and Wever Fire Departments also sent nine additional firefighters to help.
There were no injuries reported and there has been to cause determined.
Fire Marshal Mark Crooks later said electrical overload was the likely cause of the fire. Damage was estimated at $50,000 to the house and $45,000 to the contents, and Crooks said the home was destroyed.