Illinois Governor Pat Quinn is encouraging Illinois children to contribute cards to the state’s annual Illinois Heroes Holiday Card Drive.
The annual drive collects holiday cards made by grade school students to help show appreciation to military service members.
The deadline to submit cards is December 6, 2013.
- Holiday cards of all types are welcome (i.e. Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, etc.)
- Cards created by grade school students only.
- Cards should be no larger than a regular 8.5×11 piece of paper.
- Cards may be handmade or computer generated.
- Stack cards neatly and bundle with rubber bands.
- Include one index card with your school’s name and mailing address.
- Cards Only – We are unable to accept items other than holiday cards
Cards can be sent to:
Office of Governor Pat Quinn
Attn: Holiday Cards to Troops Program
James R. Thompson Center
100 West Randolph Street, Suite 16-100
Chicago, IL 60601
If you have any questions about Governor Quinn’s Holiday Cards to Troops Program, email GOV.Cards4troops@illinois.gov. For more information about the program, click here.
“The Illinois Heroes Holiday Card Drive is about making sure that our service members receive a warm reminder of how much we love and support them,” Governor Quinn said. “We can never thank our soldiers enough for the sacrifices they have made to keep us safe and secure our freedom. Though great distances may separate us, they will never be far from our hearts and they are always in our prayers.”