The American Red Cross is reminding people what they should put in their cars during Thanksgiving week if they plan on traveling.
The American Red Cross wants you to do the following things before you head out:
• Pack emergency supplies like blankets, water and snacks, flashlight and first aid kit.
• Fill the fuel tank, check air pressure in tires and top-off windshield fluid.
• Buckle up and obey all traffic signs.
• Avoid distractions while driving like using mobile phones to talk or text.
• Designate a driver who won’t be drinking whenever alcohol is served.
Prices for a gallon of gas are also the lowest they've been in three years for Thanksgiving. Nationwide, the average price for a gallon of gas is $3.25. According to AAA, the average price for a gallon of gas on the Iowa side of the Quad Cities is $2.95 as of Monday, November 25th, 2013. The average price for a gallon of gas on the Illinois side of the Quad Cities is $3.12, according to the same website.