Kitchen fire damages Davenport apartment building

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A Davenport apartment was damaged after a fire that began in a kitchen.

According to the Davenport Fire Chief a fire that started in a second floor kitchen damaged a four-unit apartment building in the 4200 block of Ripley Street on Saturday, November 23, 2013. The unit that caught fire sustained heavy smoke damage and the rest of the building had light to moderate damage.

The fire happened at around 2:30 p.m. and some traffic had to be blocked off temporarily.

The Davenport Fire Department said there were no injuries.