Chef Scott: Chicken ala King
BETTENDORF, Iowa – It’s time to think about cold-weather, rib-sticking comfort foods.
And it’s all the better if we can make it with leftovers, right?
Chef Brad Scott, the head of Scott Community College’s Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Center, says his Chicken ala King recipe is the perfect addition to your family’s menu.
“It’s one of my favorites,” says the Chef.
“One of the reasons I like this dish so much is because you can take your leftover chicken and make a superb dish out of this.”
1. Add 1 1/2 cup of flour to 3 cups of milk in a pitcher to make a slurry
2. Add to 1 1/2 pound of diced left over chicken in a cooking pan
3. Add 1/4 cup of peas
4. Add 1/4 cup of diced carrots
5. Add 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
6. Add 1/4 cup of diced onions
7. Add 1/4 cup of shredded cheese
8. Add at least 1/4 cup of corn
9. Add 1 tbsp of garlic
10. Add 1 tbsp of pepper
11. Add 1 tsp of salt
12. Mix together
13. Make biscuit mix for six biscuits
14. Use ice cream scoop to make six dollops of biscuits over the chicken mixture
15. Place pan into 400 degree oven for 45 minutes to an hour
“You know, time and again, I love these one pan cookings,” says Chef Scott. “And there’s so much here, it can easily feed a family of six.”
“Chicken ala King is something your entire castle will enjoy.”