IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISH SUBSCRIBERS – SERVICE INTERRUPTION – CLICK HERE

Evacuated University of Illinois building reopened

A University of Illinois building was evacuated after a chemical reaction splattered at least one student.

According to a report by the Champaign Urbana News Gazette five students had to be decontaminated after a chemical reaction on Tuesday, November 12, 2013; firefighters were called to the building before 4 p.m.

According to the report, a university spokeswoman said that some students mistakenly put hydrochloric acid into a container that contained nitric acid, causing a chemical reaction. At least one student was reportedly splattered.

It is unknown if they were taken to the hospital.

The building was reopened on Wednesday.


Filed in: News

Topics:

Suggest a correction
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,464 other followers