A University of Illinois building was evacuated after a chemical reaction splattered at least one student.
According to a report by the Champaign Urbana News Gazette five students had to be decontaminated after a chemical reaction on Tuesday, November 12, 2013; firefighters were called to the building before 4 p.m.
According to the report, a university spokeswoman said that some students mistakenly put hydrochloric acid into a container that contained nitric acid, causing a chemical reaction. At least one student was reportedly splattered.
It is unknown if they were taken to the hospital.
The building was reopened on Wednesday.