School Zone 80x80
Get into the News 8 School Zone

Making our schools better

Electrical appliance blamed for Moline house fire

Posted on: 9:30 am, November 12, 2013, by and , updated on: 10:48am, November 12, 2013

Moline house fire 11-12-13 (WQAD Photo)

Moline house fire 11-12-13 (WQAD Photo)

Firefighters battled frigid temperatures to put out a fire that started in the basement of a home in Moline, Illinois.

The fire was reported around 7:30 a.m. at a home in the 3000  block of 24th Avenue.

Firefighters said one person was home at the time of the fire, and that person safely escaped the home.

The fire caused minor damage to the interior and exterior of the home.

Firefighters said it appeared the fire started in an electrical appliance in the basement.

No injuries were reported. Firefighters say that the family may be living somewhere else for the next couple of days.