Registration for the 2013 Toys for Tots program begins Thursday, October 31st, 2013.
This year, Toys for Tots will hold its registration at the former Rock Island Country Market grocery store at 2252 24th Street. Last year, parents registered children at one of the old Zimmerman Honda buildings in downtown Rock Island.
There are several things you need to bring with you if you want to sign up your child. Here is a list of what you need to bring:
- Picture ID (Government Issued, Driver’s License, State ID Card or Matricula)
- Proof of Current Home Address (Light bill, phone bill, etc.)
- Phone number (Number where you can be reached)
- Children’s birth certificates OR or medical card showing birthdate or Acta De Nacinmiento)
- CHILDREN MUST BE 6 MONTHS – 12 YEARS OF AGE. CHILD MUST BE AT LEAST 6 months old by December 15th or born by June 21st 2013 to receive toys. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Foster Parents/Guardians must show proof of custody.
“In the past few years, the numbers have been going up of people who need toys, and everything else has gone up also,” Staff Sergent Mathew Starratt said. “So, we’re hoping for the same thing this year.”
WQAD News 8 will also be a drop off location for generous donors on Tuesday, December 3rd through Tuesday, December 10th. The station will do an all day collection on December 3rd. For more information on the 2013 Toys for Tots program, click here.