The U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program is the Marine Corps’s premier community action program and one of the nation’s flagship Christmas charitable causes. Over the years, it has become a traditional part of the annual Christmas holiday season within communities nationwide. The message of hope delivered through a shiny new toy at Christmas has a positive impact on children, their families and their communities. It’s not the toy – it’s what the toy does.
Help us fill our studios! WQAD will be accepting toy donations during business hours until December 10th. New and unwrapped toys are accepted. Please no clothes, stuffed animals, realistic weapons (nerf guns are OK) or religious items.
WQAD will have a day-long collection day from 4:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. on Tuesday, December 3rd.
This year’s local toy drive and registration begins on Thursday, October 31st and the last day to register is Saturday, November 30th. Registration takes place on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at a NEW registration location. This year registration will be at the former Rock Island Country Market building located at 2252 24th Street in Rock Island, IL. There will be no registration on Thanksgiving Day.
If you are registering for toys, you must bring the following with you:
- Picture ID (Government Issued, Driver’s License, State ID Card or Matricula)
- Proof of Current Home Address (Light bill, phone bill, etc.)
- Phone number (Number where you can be reached)
- Children’s birth certificates OR or medical card showing birthdate or Acta De Nacinmiento)
- CHILDREN MUST BE 6 MONTHS – 12 YEARS OF AGE. CHILD MUST BE AT LEAST 6 months old by December 15th or born by June 21st 2013 to receive toys. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Foster Parents/Guardians must show proof of custody.
Distribution of toys will be on Saturday, December 21, 2013 and Sunday, December 22, 2013 from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Distribution will be at the registration location at the former Rock Island Country Market, 2252 24th Street in Rock Island, IL.
Cash donations are also accepted. Make checks payable to Toys for Tots.
Donations can also be made online at http://quad-cities.toysfortots.org/. All donations made online through this site stay local.
Checks or money can be sent to the following address or dropped off here at WQAD and we will forward on:
Attn: SSgt Matthew Starratt
NOSC Building 218
Rock Island Arsenal
Rock Island, IL 61299