Homeowner says dog may have started kitchen fire
An East Moline woman says she thinks a dog may have started fire that filled her kitchen with smoke.
The fire was reported just before 11 a.m. at a home in the 2300 block of 6th Street Court in East Moline. Firefighters arrived to find smoke visible from the exterior of the home.
The woman who lives there reportedly put the fire out with an extinguisher. She said she thought a pizza box left on top of the stove caught fire when a dog somehow turned on a burner as it tried to get to the box.
Damage was reportedly minimal and confined to the kitchen of the home. No injuries were reported.