Chef Scott: Taking Tomatoes to a Higher Level
BETTENDORF, Iowa - It’s getting to be the end of the summer and we’ve all got a bunch of tomatoes left. How about something different?
Chef Brad Scott, the director of Scott Community College’s School of Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management has a unique idea.
“How about a Chicken Curry with leftover chicken?” he says
1. Dice the leftover chicken and put in a mixing bowl
2. Add 1/4 cup (per person) of cucumbers diced into small pieces
3. Add 1/4 cup plain yogurt
4. Add 1/4 cup (per person) of diced red onions
5. Add 1 tbsp garlic
6. Add 2 tsp sugar (to cut the bitterness)
7. Fold together with 1 tbsp yellow curry
Let stand for 15 minutes after mixing the ingredients
1. Cut your tomatoes by first coring out the top center of each tomato.
2. Slice almost to the bottom of each, creating 8 sections that can fold out
3. Use an ice cream scoop to fill each tomoato’s center with 1/4 cup of your Chicken Curry mixture
“Why not make the last of your summer, the best of your summer with a Curry Chicken Salad and fresh tomatoes?” asks Chef Scott.