Iowa boy badly burned from gasoline-ignited fire

An Iowa child died after suffering bad burns while making a bonfire with his brother.

According to a report by KCRG, officials said the two boys, ages 10 and 13, were using gasoline to ignite a bonfire in the backyard of their home west of Des Moines. At one point the remainder of a container of gasoline was poured onto the fire, causing flames to engulf the 10-year-old.

The report indicated that the boy sustained burns on the majority of his body. He was airlifted to an area hospital, but did not survive his injuries.

KCRG reported that the boy’s father and grandfather were home at the time of the fire while their mother was at work.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 863 other followers