Follow the Good Morning Quad Cities 2018 Road Trip here

LaSalle man gets probation after pleading guilty to sexual abuse of a child

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Ryan Luecke (jail photo)

( – Ryan Luecke, 31, of LaSalle has been placed on four years probation after pleading guilty in Bureau County Court to the Class 2 felony of aggravated criminal sexual abuse of a child under 13 years old.

Luecke appeared in court Tuesday morning, September 10, 2013 before Circuit Judge Marc Bernabei.

As conditions of his probation, Luecke was ordered to serve three months in the Bureau County Jail on a work release program, ordered to continue sex offender counseling, ordered to pay fines, fees and court costs totaling $1,768 and to pay a $25 monthly probation fee.

Luecke was also ordered to register as a sex offender and to have no contact with the victim. There are also probationary restrictions placed on Luecke, as a result of his sex offense conviction, including restrictions on his activities and the use of the Internet.

Luecke has been represented in court by Peru attorney John Fisher. Prosecuting the case was Bureau County State’s Attorney Patrick Herrmann.

On Tuesday afternoon, Herrmann said he thinks the sentence, agreed upon by both sides, was a fair one under the circumstances. Luecke had gone immediately into counseling and continues to receive counseling. Luecke is working and has no prior record, Herrmann said.

Luecke was charged in November 2012 with the Class 2 felony of aggravated criminal sexual abuse for having sexual contact with a male juvenile during the 2012 summer camp at the Bureau County Metro Center in Princeton. At that time, Luecke was the recreation coordinator for the Metro Center. The victim was confirmed to be an 8-year-old boy.

Luecke had originally entered a not guilty plea on Dec. 18, 2012, and was free from custody, having posted 10 percent of a $25,000 bond. He pleaded guilty to the crime on July 31.

(story used with permission from