BETTENDORF, Iowa - Chef Brad Scott from the kitchens of Scott Community College says he visits a lot of high schools each year. So he knows what he's talking about.
"You know what they tell me their favorite dish is? Fettuccini Alfredo."
It's easy and can easily involve leftovers from the refrigerator.
1. Add 4 tbsp Chef's butter (50/50 mix of butter and margarine) to a hot frying pan
2. Add 3 tbsp flour to create Bechamel sauce (white sauce) paste
3. Stir in 1 tbsp garlic (more if you wish)
4. Add 2 1/2 cups creme and stir until a lazy bubble
5. Add 1/4 cup per person of Parmesan cheese
6. Squeeze the juice of a lemon into the sauce and continue stirring for three minutes
7. Serve with fettuccini noodles (1 cup per person)
8. Place slices of left-over chicken over the noodles and pour the Bechamel sauce over the meal
9. Garnish with parsley for color
"And now you know how easy it is to make your kid's favorite meal," says Chef Scott, the director of Scott Community College's Center of Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management.