The Iowa State Fair offers classic fair-food, musical acts, rides, and prizes, but now fair-goers can enjoy the event and get something checked off their to-do lists.
As the fair begins on Thursday, August 8, 2013, Iowans can renew their driver’s licenses or nonoperator ID cards, according to the Iowa Department of Transportation (Iowa DOT).
Iowa DOT will have self-serve kiosks available at a booth for anyone who wishes to get their renewal done. The booth will be in the Varied Industries Building.
The kiosks will have the online renewal service customers can find at the Iowa DOT website. Iowans will be able to securely update the photo that appears on their ID.
To be eligible to renew online the customer must
- Have a valid Iowa driver’s license or nonoperator ID
- Be between the ages of 18-70
- Have a license or ID card that has only been expired for one year or less
- Have less than 180 days to the renewal date on your current driver’s license or ID card
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Not have any medical or vision conditions that affect driving ability
- Not need to change the address or name printed on the card
The director of the Iowa DOT’s Motor Vehicle Division said electronic renewal is not only convenient for customers, but it will reduce crowds at license issuance locations, allowing more time for customers who require in-person service.