BETTENDORF, Iowa – Don’t forget the seafood. You can make a great dish that isn’t simply fish or steamed shrimp.
” We’ve got a seafood dish today with a lot of ingredients,” says Chef Brad Scott, director of the Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Center at Scott Community College.
“But guess what? One pan”, he adds.
Let’s get started.
1. Add 1 lb of spicy chorizo into a frying pan
2. Add 1 cup of rice
3. Add 1/2 cup of onions
4. Stir and let saute for 2 minutes or until chorizo is halfway cooked
5. Dice a mushroom and add to the skillet
6. Add salt and pepper
7. Add Cajun seasoning
8. Add 1 tbsp paprika
9. Stir, blending the ingredients
10. Deglaze the frying pan with clam juice
11. Add tomatoes
12. Cook for three to four minutes
13. Add 1 lb of base scallops with juice
14. Add 1 lb of shrimp
15. Add 1 1/2 lb of mussels
16. Turn down the burner and allow it to simmer for 20-minutes
“Pass this around for the family or put it on a plate for yourself,” says Chef Scott.