The American Red Cross of the Quad Cities Area says your generous donations contributed nearly $68,000 in a one-day drive to raise money to help with disaster relief.
The drive was held Friday, May 24, 2013 at local television stations including WQAD, and also included Quad Cities-area newspapers and other local organizations partnered with the American Red Cross.
In Oklahoma, the Red Cross is providing shelter, food, relief supplies, recovery assistance and emotional support to victims of communities struck by tornadoes. The Red Cross has more than 880 disaster workers helping with recovery efforts in Oklahoma.
It’s not too late to help – and there are several ways you can contribute:
The American Red Cross has shelters available to storm victims in Oklahoma. Their Emergency Response Vehicles have begun delivering meals to affected areas. They are attempting to connect missing family members to their loved ones through a website called Safe and Well.
- Text ‘REDCROSS’ to 90999 to give a $10 donation to American Red Cross Disaster Relief
- Visit the American Red Cross website
- Call 1-800-RED-CROSS
The Salvation Army has response teams in Moore, Oklahoma. They sent mobile feeding units to help victims and rescuers. They are also in other locations around the Midwest helping with other disaster sights.
- Text ‘STORM’ to 80888 to give $10 to the Salvation Army’s relief efforts
- Visit the Salvation Army’s website
- Call 1-800-SAL-ARMY
- Write a check to: The Salvation Army, P.O. Box 12600, Oklahoma City, OK, 73157. Be sure to include the words, “Oklahoma Tornado Relief”
Operation USA, a Los Angeles-based relief agency is providing emergency aid to community-health based organizations in Oklahoma.
- Text ‘AID’ to 50555
- Visit Operation USA’s website
- Call 1-800-678-7255
- Write a check made out to: Operation USA, 7421 Beverly Blvd., PH, Los Angeles, CA 90036
- Corporate donations of bulk quantities of supplies are being requested
Oklahoma Baptist Disaster Relief has sent at least 80 volunteers to disaster sights in Oklahoma.
- Visit the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma’s Disaster Relief ministry’s website
- Call 405-942-3800
- Write a check to: Attn- Disaster Relief 3800 N. May Ave. Oklahoma City, OK 73112.