Watch Live: Behind the scenes of the Democratic National Convention
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISH SUBSCRIBERS – SERVICE INTERRUPTION – CLICK HERE

Daughter helps family evacuate from Clinton apartment fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
flames

One person was treated for smoke inhalation after fire that started in a bedroom forced residents to evacuate an apartment in Clinton, Iowa.

The fire was reported just before 1:30 a.m. Thursday, May 23, 2013 at the Hawthorne Woods Apartments in a building in the 1200 block of Gateway.

Firefighters said they found a smoldering mattress in a lower-level apartment bedroom when they arrived.

β€œThe family was alerted by a daughter that awoke to the smoke in the apartment and she was able to wake her family and all occupants were able to get out unharmed,” according to a statement from the Clinton Fire Department.

One person was treated at the scene of the fire for possible smoke inhalation.

Damage was contained to a single apartment.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,490 other followers