Chef Scott: Jimmy Sullivan’s Biscuits and Gravy
BETTENDORF, Iowa – There are some tastes from restaurants now closed you don’t want to forget. Even if you were eating late into the night.
“Many of you remember the 2 o’clock servings of biscuits and gravy at Jimmy Sullivans,” says Chef Brad Scott, director of Scott Community College’s Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Center.
“This is such a simple and easy dish.”
1. Render a pound of pork sausake in a frying pan
2. Add 1/2 cup of flour to make a roo (50% fat. 50% flour sauce)
3. Add 1/4 cup of beef stock
4. Add 1 tbsp of A-1 sauce
5. Add 1 cup of milk
6. Add 1 tbsp pf salt and pepper
7. Allow it to thickn, stirring often for six minutes
8. Serve over fresh biscuits
“See how easy it is,” adds Chef Scott. “And so good.”
“This was a Rock Island favorite and a favorite of mine.”