Chef Scott: Red Snapper with a Twist
BETTENDORF, Iowa – Doctors tell us to get more fish in our diets. But for a lot of us cooks, that’s easier said than done.
“We’ve got a beautiful Red Snappper today and we’re going to make it with a coconut twist,” says the head of the Scott Community College Culinary Arts and Hospitality Center, Chef Brad Scott..
1. Start with a cleaned 8 ounce Red Snapper (head and tail removed)
2. Sliced down the middle, load it with lemon and lime slices and dill
3. Close and score the skin three times
4. Spray a pan to avoid sticking
5. Lay the Red Snapper in the pan
6. Add 1/2 cup of coconut milk
7. Add salt and pepper
8. Squeeze chef’s butter (50/50 mix of butter and margarine) on the fish
9. Wrap it tightly in tin foil to steam the coconut milk into the fish
10. Cook for 20-minutes at 350-degrees
“Salmon has met its match,” says Chef Scott.
“A beautiful citrus snapper with coconut marinade. Enjoy.”