Fechner Family Brat Recipe
This recipe, passed on for generations, was used by my grandfather, Karl Filippi. It’s a Hungarian brat, popular among German communities along the Danube River in Yugoslavia, that has a little hot, garlic kick behind it.
Simply mix the dry ingredients together and slowly pour in water, a little at a time, as you mix everything together by hand.
– 100 lbs. of pork shoulder
– 18 heaping tablespoons of salt
– 1 lb. sweet red Szeged paprika
– 10 heaping tablespoons of black pepper
– 3 heaping tablespoons of seasoned salt
– 3 heaping tablespoons of garlic powder
– 1 heaping tablespoon of cayenne pepper
– 1 gallon of water