Area residents are working on flood-cleanup and the city of Davenport is offering help.
In the wake of the floods, the Solid Waste Division within the city of Davenport said they will be collecting water damaged materials. This will assist residents who are experiencing flooded basements, malfunctioning sump pumps, or sewer back-ups.
Residents who wish to take advantage of this service should contact the Public Works Center and request a pick-up day. The collection does not have to be on your regular collection day, but the division does ask for 24-hours notice.
The Solid Waste Division asks that residence keep the following things in mind:
- Only water damaged materials will be collected.
- No hazardous waste like cleaners, paints, oils, or gasoline will be collected.
- Carpet does not need to be tied or bundled, but in manageable sized pieces that weight 50-pounds or less.
- All construction materials, such as drywall, paneling, and boards must be in bags that weigh 50-pounds or less.
- Small items need to be in bags that weigh 50-pounds or less. Boxes will not be collected.
- The City of Davenport Garbage Stickers are NOT required for collection.
- There is no charge for this special collection.
To set up a collection or for questions call the Public Works Center at 563-326-7732.
Residents who have hazardous materials can call the Waste Commission of Scott County at 563-381-1300 or 563-386-9575 to make an appointment to dispose the items.
The city of Galesburg has closed its brush drop off site on Pickard Road. The site will be closed Friday and Saturday, April 19 and 20, 2013.