Fire damages Rock Island apartment

Two adults and one child were left without a home after fire and heavy smoke damaged their Rock Island apartment.

The fire was reported at the Oak Terrace Apartments in the 1100 block of 25th Street just before 6 p.m. Saturday, March 2, 2013.

Firefighters said the fire appeared to have started in the kitchen of one of the units in the building.   The fire appeared to have started on the stove.

The fire was quickly extinguished, but heavy smoke damage left the unit uninhabitable.

Damage was estimated at $20,000 to the apartment and $10,000 to the contents.

The Red Cross was offering assistance to the two adults and one child displaced by the fire.  The family was reportedly staying with relatives.

No injuries were reported.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 949 other followers