An Iowa man died of injuries he suffered when a gas can exploded near a burn pile.
James Wurster, 75, of Lenox, Iowa was burning debris just before 11:30 a.m. Friday, February 8, 2013 when fumes from a nearby gasoline can ignited and caused the can to explode.
Wurster was reportedly showered with burning gasoline.
Wurster was taken by ambulance to a hospital in Corning and later flown to a hospital in Iowa City. He died at the Burn Treatment Center at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics at about 3 a.m. Saturday, February 9.
Services for Mr. Wurster were planned for Tuesday, February 12.