Restaurant rewards family for well-behaved kids
Receipt thanks well behaved kids - photo from Laura King blog
A Washington restaurant cited “well behaved kids” as the reason for giving a discount off the bill for a family dining there.
Sogno di Vino in Poulsbo, Washington, knocked four bucks off the bill for Laura King and her family. The receipt noted “well behaved kids” next to the discount amount. The restaurant had also reportedly given complimentary ice cream to the kids, ages 2, 3 and 8.
A friend of King’s shared the photo on Reddit.
King blogged about the experience a couple of days later.
“Near the end of our meal, our server visits our table to tell us how impressed the staff was with our kids’ behavior and that many of them didn’t even realize we had little ones eating with us,” King blogged.
“We, as parents, lead by example and if we have to spell out what and how we’re doing something, we will. We don’t expect handouts for acting respectful of the folks who bring us our food. But it certainly makes you feel good when someone else notices your kids in a positive light.”
King offered these strategies for parents to try:
* Take your kids out to eat at least a couple times a month.
* Give your kids a snack before you head out.
* Be sure they’re rested and healthy.
* Be ready to engage with your kids.
* Notice the people, art, music, food in the room and talk about it.
* Encourage your kids to talk with you just like you would talk with another adult.
* Enjoy the time you’ve carved out to be with them.