Chef Scott: Winter Ribs for the Game
BETTENDORF, Iowa – Let’s barbeque… just in time for the Super Bowl!
“Who doesn’t like ribs 12 months of the year?” says Chef Brad Scott, director of the Scott Community College’s Culinary Arts and Hospitality Center.
“With Super Bowl coming around the corner, these ribs will be perfect and you don’t have to stand outside long.”
1. Take one slab of ribs and score the back
2. Spread a dry rub thoroughly on both sides
3. Place on a rack in a pan
4. Add 8 oz of root beer
5. Cover with foil and place in a 325 degree over for two hours
Make the sauce next.
1. Pour a full 12 oz bottle of ketchup in a pan
2. Add 8 oz water
3. Add 1 cup brown sugar
4. Add 3 tbsp Worchester sauce
5. Add 1 tbsp Yellow Mustard
6. Add 1 tbsp garlic
7. Add 1 tbsp dry mustard
8. Add 1/2 cup appe cider vinegar
9. Add salt and pepper
10. Add stick of butter
11. Squeeze, then add full lemon
12. Mix together and leave on low heat for 45 minutes
Take ribs out of the oven and on the grill.
1. Finish fat side down on the grill
2. Baste the sauce on both sides of the ribs
3. Leave the ribs on the grill for about four minutes each side
“Eight minutes outside and we are done,” says Chef Scott.
“See, you don’t have to barbeque just in the summer. You can barbeque 12 months of the year.”
“Enjoy the Super Bowl. Go Bears!”