Chef Scott: Remember Al’s Lounge “Wine Burger”?
BETTENDORF, Iowa – Restaurants come and go but some of their signature dishes remain in our memories.
It would be nice to recreate those tastes.
“A lot of you ‘old timers’ may remember Al’s Lounge down on River Drive in Davenport”, says the director of Scott Community College’s Center for Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management, Chef Brad Scott.
“Remember the Wine Burger?”
“We’re going to do that same burger today, only we’re going to kick it up a notch.”
1. In a bowl, mix 1 lb of ground sirloin with 1/2 lb of cooked bacon
2. Add salt
3. Add 1 tsp garlic
4. Add 1 tsp of black pepper
5. Add 8 tbsp of Chablis and fold together ingredients
6. Form 1/2 lb burger patties, place on grill
7. Coat Portabella mushrooms with butter on both sides
8. Add salt and pepper
9. Place on the grill, three minutes each side
10. Place burger on a bun with a slice of Provalone cheese, and Portabella mushroom
“Isn’t it nice you can take your taste buds down memory lane? Enjoy.”