BETTENDORF, Iowa - Cold weather lends itself to warm food. Our chef, Scott Community College's director of Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Chef Brad Scott, says we should make the most of it.
"Hey, I've got some leftover chicken from last night and we're going to make some chicken and noodles today."
"What a simple dish and fantastic for the cold weather."
1. Pour 2 tbsp chef's butter into a pan (or a wok)
2. Add 1/4 cup of celery, 1/4 cup of carrots, and 1/4 cup of onions to the pan
3. Sautee for 2 to 3 minutes
4. Dice 1 pound of chicken thighs into rough cuts, add to pan
5. Add 1/2 cup of corn
6. Add 2 qts chicken stock
7. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes
8. Add frozen egg noodles which plump while cooking
9. Simmer for 30-minutes
"I like to serve it with a little corn bread."
"Talk about your perfect comfort food for a cold winter's day. Enjoy."