BETTENDORF, Iowa – The holidays are known for food, with some tastes taking on annual traditions enjoyed for years on end.
Such is the case with Orange Glazed Duck, a recipe highly recommended by Chef Brad Scott, director of Scott Community College’s Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Center.
“And it’s so simple,” says Chef Scott.
1. We start with a two to three pound duck
2. Break up 2 cups of bread crumbs
3. Add slices from two apples
4. Add slices from one orange while gently squeezing the juice into the mixture
5. Add a little Chef’s butter (a 50/50 combination of butter and margarine)
6. Mix and put inside the cavity of a well-washed duck
7. Add Chef’s Butter to the skin of the duck, rubbing int down
8. Add a sprig of of terragon and 1 tsp of paprika to the duck’s skin
9. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
10. Add a spig of thyme to the cavity of the duck
11. Cook in a 350 degree over for an hour
Start making the glaze which you’ll use on the duck.
1. In a mixing bowl, slice two oranges and squeeze out the juice
2. Add salt and pepper
3. Add 1/4 tsp of celery salt
4. Add 3 tbsp of Chef’s Butter
5. Whisk together
Remove the duck and add the glaze before serving.
“We just created a new Christmas tradition for your family,” says Chef Scott.
“From our family at Scott Community College, Merry Christmas.”