95% of Scott County Sex Offenders Compliant
The Scott County Sex Offender Task Force just completed their fall compliance checks and say they are considering this sweep a success.
After several years of conducting the fall compliance check in conjunction with Halloween, it was determined that the compliance check had become predictable to some sex offenders. This year’s fall compliance check was moved to the week before Thanksgiving. The check started in the early morning hours of Monday, November 19th and ran through December 14th. The goal of the operation was to arrest wanted and non-compliant sex offenders and to confirm the residency of the 323 sex offenders residing throughout Scott County.
Of the 323 sex offenders registered in Scott County, 95% were compliant.
- 10 arrested for residency violations
- 6 warrants were issued for residency violations
- 7 arrested for other sex offender residency violations (failure to register employment, facebook passwords, cell phones, etc.)
- 3 Department of Correctional Services warrants served
- 1 unsupervised probation warrant served.
Officials said the successful sweep is a great example of how all the agencies and the offenders work together to keep Scott County safe.
In Iowa the general public can view registered sex offenders on line at http://wqad.com/2012/12/19/links-iowa-and-illinois-sex-offender-registries/
Residents are encouraged to call their local law enforcement agency if they believe a sex offender is in violation of the Iowa Sex Offender Registry.