Photos: Fire damages Rock Island house
A Rock Island woman returned from taking children to school only to find her home on fire.
Smoke and flames were visible from the second story when firefighters were called to the house at 1316 25th Street just after 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, November 27, 2012.
Firefighters from the Arsenal were called to assist in extinguishing the fire.
A woman and four children reportedly live in the rental home. Their belongings were covered by renter’s insurance.
A dog was in the back yard of the home and animal control was requested to respond to the house. The animal was not hurt.
The fire is believed to have stared in a clothes dryer.
Most of the damage from the fire was confined to the back of the home. There was smoke damage throughout the house.
No injuries were reported.