Family pet perishes in Rock Island house fire

Several pets were rescued but a family’s pet parakeet did not survive when fire damaged a Rock Island home.

The fire was reported by neighbors who said they saw flames in the front picture window of the home in the 3500 block of 24th Avenue just before 6:30 p.m. Monday, November 26, 2012.

The fire was contained to a front bedroom of the home, and there was smoke damage throughout the house.   

The residents arrived home while firefighters were extinguishing the flames.  Two dogs and a guinea pig were rescued by firefighters.  A parakeet died in the fire.

No human injuries were reported.



Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 852 other followers