Flood Warning: When rivers will crest and how high the water will get

Candle blamed for Clinton house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Fire generic

A candle that was knocked over started a fire that left one person hospitalized in critical condition. 

The fire was reported just after 1:30 a.m. Sunday, November 25, 2012 at a home in the 2500 block of Garfield Street in Clinton, Iowa. 

Firefighters from Clinton and Camanche worked the blaze. 

Investigators said a burning candle was knocked over and ignited other items on the floor of the home.  

A spokesperson for the Clinton Fire Department said firefighters rescued one person from the home.  That person was hospitalized in critical condition at the burn unit at the University of Iowa Hospital.