Police say Rock Falls woman caught using counterfeit money
A 21-year-old local woman faces felony charges after police said she passed counterfeit money at area stores.
Shanti Kendrick of Rock Falls, Illinois was arrested November 14, 2012.
She was charged with one count of burglary and one count of forgery.
Police said Kendrick used counterfeit money to buy items at area retail stores in August 2012. Kendrick then returned those items for a refund.
Kendrick was held in the Whiteside County Jail.
The United State Secret Service website lists tips for detecting counterfeit money at this link: http://www.secretservice.gov/money_detect.shtml
- Chinese agency finds 'suspected' Malaysian Airlines plane crash site
- Police say girls used knife to force autistic boy to perform sex acts
- Police say Iowa man tried to trade sex for a boat trailer
- Viral Video: You may never see a hockey fight end like this again
- Body of missing Rock Island man found