Fire sets off sprinklers at Clinton High School
An early-morning fire in the basement of the gymnasium set off the sprinkler system in Clinton High School.
Firefighters were sent to the school at 817 8th Avenue South after the building’s fire alarm was activated just after 4 a.m. Tuesday, November 6, 2012.
The fire was confined to a clothes dryer in the laundry room located in the basement of Yourd Gymnasium.
The school’s sprinkler system kept the fire confined to the basement.
Firefighters spent about two hours at the school. No injuries were reported.
The fire delayed the start of the school day to 10 a.m.