BETTENDORF, Iowa - Cold weather makes those warm, hearty dishes even more delicious. And it's even better if you can make it in one dish.
Scott Community College's director of Culinary Arts and Hospitality Center, Chef Brad Scott, has a meal called Ham and Gnocchi.
"You don't know what gnocchi is?" asked the Chef.
"It's a type of dumpling that originated in Italy. The most popular type are potato gnocchis," he says.
"You can make them, or find them in many Quad City area grocery stores.
Here's how to make the dish:
1. Heat frying pan
2. Add 3 tbsp chef's butter (50/50 mixture of butter and margarine)
3. Add 1/4 cup each of mushrooms and green peppers to the pan
4. Add 1 tbsp of pine nuts
5. Add 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
6. Add 1 tsp of both pepper and Kosher salt
7. Add 1/4 cup of gnocchi potato pasta
8. Blend together for three minutes
9. Add 2 cups of heavy cream
10. Cook for three to four minutes
11. Add 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese (blue cheese works well, too)
12. Melt together
"It's a ham lover's delight," says Chef Scott.
"Add a little cheese. Now you know what gnocchi is. Impress your friends!"