Chef Scott: Real Men’s Quiche Recipe
BETTENDORF, Iowa – Could quiche be making a comeback?
“Back in the 80′s, quiche was really big until somebody wrote a book that said ‘Real Men Don’t Eat Quiche’,” says Scott Community College’s director of the Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Center, Chef Brad Scott.
“Well, we’re going to make a great one today.”
The recipe is easy and it has plenty of ingredients so even “real men” will eat this quiche.
1. Start by making thin slices of smoked sausage and adding them directly to a breaded pie tin
2. Dice green peppers on red onions into the pan
3. Add 1/4 cup of corn
4. In a separate bowl, mix four eggs for the batter
5. Add 2 tbsp of Boetje’s mustard
6. Add 1 cup of heavy cream
7. Add chives
8. Add 1 tsp. celery salt
9. Add 1 tsp Kosher salt
10. Add 1 tbsp garlic
11. Add 1 tsp of black pepper
12. Whip together the batter
13. To the pie shell, add 3 tbsp of cheddar cheese and 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
14. Add mixed batter to the pie tin, filling to the top
15. Stir together to combine ingredients
16. Place in 350 degree over for 40-minutes
17. Cut like a normal pie. Each pie serves 4 to 5 people
“I’m here to tell you, men and women, quiche is back!” says Chef Scott.
“Not only for the men in your home, but for your entire family. Enjoy!”