Chef Scott: Greece Does Surf and Turf
MOLINE, Illinois – It’s almost the end of the summer grilling season. That sometimes means you’ve run out of ideas.
Forget the steaks, burgers, hot dogs, brats, and shish-kabobs!
Time to join Greece with surf and turf with a recipe for yogurt-marinated lamb with scallops and shrimp.
Let’s start with the marinades:
1. Mix three cups unflavored yogurt
2. Add 2 tbsp oregano
3. Add 1 tsp garlic
4. Add 1 tbsp sweet, spiced mustard
5. Pour in 1 shot of Ouzo
6. Mix in salt and pepper
7. Add 1 1/2 ounce lamb chops (two per person)
For the scallops and shrimp:
1. Mix together 1 tsp of terragon
2. Add 1 tsp diced or minced lavender (sold in floral departments)
3. Add 2 tbsp honey
4. Add 1 tbsp Chef’s butter (a 50/50 mix of butter and margarine)
5. Add 16 count large shrimp
6. Add U-10 scallops
Soak both marinades in the refrigerator for about an hour.
On a 350-degree grill, place the chops, scallops, and shrimp. Add sides of pita bread and corn to complete the meal.