IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISH SUBSCRIBERS – SERVICE INTERRUPTION – CLICK HERE

Garden hose no match for house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
flames

A dog reportedly alerted a man to a deck fire caused by smoldering embers from a charcoal grill.

The fire destroyed the back deck of a home at 1625 30th Street in Rock Island, Illinois.  The home is three doors down from Rock Island Fire Station 3.

A statement from the Rock Island Fire Department said the man was awakened by his dog.  The man then tried to use a garden hose to extinguish the deck fire.

Firefighters arrived just before 3 a.m. and found the deck engulfed in flames.  Firefighters were able to put out the fire without damage to the rest of the house. 

Firefighters said the man had been cooking on a grill late at night, and embers from the grill started the fire. 

Damage was estimated at $5,000.

No injuries were reported.

Click here for more news from Rock Island and West Rock Island County

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,445 other followers