Local hospitals made the list of some of the best hospitals in the country in a new report from U.S. News.
The “Best Hospitals” survey was published online Tuesday, July 17, 2012.
Genesis Medical Center in Davenport tied for number 5 on the list of the best hospitals in Iowa.
Genesis Medical Center’s Illini Campus in Silvis, Illinois was ranked number 4 on the list of the best hospitals in northwestern Illinois, and tied for number 35 in the state of Illinois.
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics ranked among the top ten hospitals in the country for specialties in ophthalmology and ear, nose and throat treatment.
The Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago ranked number one in the U.S. for specialty treatment in rehabilitation.
Check out the full report from U.S. News at this link: http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals
In Iowa the best hospitals #1 through #5 are:
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City
- St. Luke’s Hospital in Cedar Rapids
- Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines
- Alegent Health Mercy Hospital in Council Bluffs
- Genesis Medical Center in Davenport and Mercy Medical Center in Sioux City (tie)
In eastern Iowa the top 5 are the same.
In Illinois the best hospitals #1 through #10 are:
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago
- Rush University Medical Center in Chicago
- University of Chicago Medical Center in Chicago
- Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn
- NorthShore Evanston Hospital in Evanston
- Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana
- Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood
- Central DuPage Hospital in Winfield
- Northwest Community Healthcare in Arlington Heights
- Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago in Chicago
In northwestern Illinois the top 4 hospitals are:
- Methodist Medical Center of Illinois in Peoria
- OSF St. Francis Medical Center in Peoria
- Rockford memorial Hospital in Rockford
- Genesis Medical Center in Silvis (#35 in the state)