Chef Scott: The Dock Teriyaki Steak
BETTENDORF, Iowa – The Dock restaurant was a staple on the Davenport riverfront for years. It was known for eagle watching, Sunday brunches, flood waters, and signature dishes like its Teriyaki Steak.
“Back in the 70′s I was lucky enough to be a chef at The Dock,” said Scott Community College’s director of Culinary Arts Chef Brad Scott.
“I snatched a recipe from there and I’m going to show you how to make it.”
Chef Scott says The Dock’s famous Teriyaki Steak is very simple and very delicious.
Ingredients include sherry, pineapple juice, Kikkoman soy sauce, black pepper, Kosher salt, and garlic.
1. To make the marinade, add four cups of Kikkoman soy sauce to a bowl
2. Add three cups of pineapple juice
3. Add a large shot of sherry
4. Add 3 tbsp of minced garlic
5. Add 2 tbsp of black pepper
6. Add 1 tsp of salt (soy sauce already has plenty of sodium)
7. Score the steak to allow better infusion of marinade
8. Place in marinade for four hours
9. Grill the steak, about two minutes per side
10. Serve with side dishes
“You have just brought back the famous Teriyaki Steak from the days of The Dock,” says Chef Scott.