Chef Scott: Chicken and Shrimp Rum Picada Recipe
BETTENDORF, Iowa – Every now and again you want to make a dish that’s good for the whole family or can be served for an upscale dinner party. Sometimes the ingredients can stay the same but the way the meal is presented makes all the difference.
It’s a Chicken and Shrimp Rum Picada that has roots in Spain.
“Served with couscous, it’s absolutely out of this world,”” says Chef Brad Scott, the director of the Culinary Arts School at Scott Community College.
Here’s all it takes:
1. Heat a sautee pan
2. Add 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
3. Dice dimed-sized pieces of chicken
4. Place in the pan and sautee for a minute
5. Add pealed and de-veined shrimp to sautee pan
7. Add 1 tsp salt
8. Add 1 tsp garlic
9. Add 2 tsps paprika
10. Add 2 tbsps slivered almonds
11. Add red chilis if you want it spicy
12. Add 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
13. Break up parsley (don’t include the stems)
14. Deglaze pan with rum
15. Add 1/4 cup pre-cooked couscous
16. Fold together
17. For elegance, pour into a martini glass
Top it off with a squeeze of lime and instantly you’re off the Spain. Enjoy