Smoke forces evacuaton of Clinton hotel

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Clinton Super 8 fire damage - WQAD

Guests were evacuated after smoke filled the hallways of the Super 8 hotel in Clinton, Iowa.

Firefighters were called to the hotel at 1711 Lincoln Way just after 3 p.m. Friday, May 18, 2012.

The hotel manager-on-duty confirmed guests were evacuated because of the smoke.

A small, smouldering fire at the bottom of a stairwell was quickly extinguished.

Guests were allowed back into the hotel by about 4:30 p.m.

No injuries were immediately reported.