By Alan Duke
LOS ANGELES (CNN) — The remaining plaintiff in the sexual battery lawsuit against John Travolta fired his lawyer, bringing an end to the case, the lawyer told CNN on Thursday.
The suit filed in federal court last week accused the actor of groping two male massage therapists at hotels in Los Angeles and Atlanta in January.
Attorney Okorie Okorocha, who initially represented the men identified only as John Doe #1 and John Doe #2, said he did not know why his Atlanta client decided to withdraw from the lawsuit.
John Doe #1, who said that Travolta sexually harassed him at the Beverly Hills Hotel, hired Los Angeles attorney Gloria Allred on Tuesday, just hours after he withdrew from Okorocha’s lawsuit.
Allred said in a statement Tuesday that she and her new client would discuss if a new lawsuit would be filed against Travolta.
“We are in the process of conferring with him regarding the next steps, which he may wish to take,” Allred said.
That dismissal was “without prejudice, which means that he is still legally entitled to file a lawsuit against John Travolta if he chooses,” Allred said Wednesday.
Travolta’s lawyer, Martin Singer, called the allegations by both men “ridicilous.”
There was no immediate reaction from Singer or Allred to the withdrawal of the final plaintiff.
John Doe #1 withdrew from the lawsuit after it was learned Travolta was in New York, not Los Angeles, on January 16, 2012, the day of the alleged massage indicident.
Okorocha told CNN the date should have been January 15, 2012, but the mistake would have hampered the chances of John Doe #2 in court. He also said “personality conflicts” with John Doe #1 contributed to the decision.
The lawyer insisted in a CNN interview Tuesday that he would “mop up” in the courtroom with the allegations made by John Doe #2. He said he received the call from his client firing him soon after that interview aired On HLN’s “Showbiz Tonight” on Wednesday.