Chef Brad Scott, Scott Community College director of Culinary Arts, has a great recipe with a Spanish background that’s perfect for Cinco de Mayo.
For ingredients, you’ll need chorizo sausage, button mushrooms, sliced cabbage, green onions, red wine, coriander, salt, pepper, and cilantro.
1. Add chorizo to a hot frying pan
2. Add sliced button mushrooms
3. Add green onions
4. Crush garlic clove and add to the mix
5. This meal doesn’t take long in the skillet
6. After a few minutes add cabbage
7. Add 1/2 teaspoon of coriander
8. Add salt and pepper
9. Finish with the cilantro
10. Add in the white wine and let it braise for about six minutes
11. Pour on top of a cup and a half of brown rice and serve
Chef Scott says it’s a meal that’s perfect for Cinco de Mayor or any time of the year. And it’s healthy!