The man has signed a pledge not to spread the virus, and promises to tell future sex partners about his medical history.
Charges against Thomas Call have now been dismissed. He was charged with knowingly transmitting the HIV virus to a man he met online three-and-a-half years ago. Last month, prosecutors post-poned his felony trial.
The contract was signed by Call on March 7, 2012.
The man who filed the police report against Call, which then led to the charge, is not happy that he will not have a chance to have his day in court.
"It makes me angry. There's no conviction. There's an opportunity to protect the public, and we're not doing it," said Jim Julien.
"He exposed me to the HIV virus without telling me he had it. The only thing he has to do is call (the prosecutor), and say, 'Yeah, I'm being a good boy.' Why aren't we prosecuting it?" said Julien.
Prosecutors have said the case may have been tough to win, and under the terms of the contract, Call must check in every three months.