Recipe for Pork Roulade
Chef Brad Scott calls this dish “Iowa Sushi”. Enjoy his delicious pork roulade!
1. Basic ingredients are pork, celery, carrots, onions, garlic, and spicy sausage, rye bread and French bread
2. Slice ¼ cup each of celery, onions and carrots for the base.
3. Remove the table trim from the tenderloin.
4. Cut through about 85% of the loin, repeating cuts until the loin is basically flat.
5. Cook and drain fat from the spicy sausage.
6. Mix the cooked sausage, two cups of diced dried rye or French bread, two tablespoons of melted butter and minced garlic to make the stuffing. You can add other ingredients like mushrooms if you like.
7. Add sliced vegetables to the bottom of the pan
8. Add stuffing mix to the flat loin and then roll tightly to form the roulade.
9. Put the roulade atop the bed of vegetables.
10. Bake for one hour at 350 degrees.